Star grading is a 3 year classification that entails an application to the Israel Ministry of Tourism.
These steps will give you a good idea of what’s involved:
Identify your Hotel classification. Go through the classification criteria and determine which of the hotel stars your Hotel fits into. (Is it 3 star, four star, four star superior five star etc.)
Self-Classify your Hotel– from One Star to Five Stars, decide which star level you belong to, or if you wish to upgrade the facilities.
Complete an Online Application– fill in all your important details and forward to IMOT. [download PDF]
- Do not send your self conducted inspection.
- You will receive confirmation from the IMOT that your application has been received.
- The On site representative will contact you in order that the rating inspection can be conducted within 60 days of your application submission.
- The classification is conducted by the examiner and their report will be submitted to the ministry.
- you’ll receive a full report on your classification assessment from the IMOT
- Your certificate will be sent – this must be on display in your reception area.